Are you intrigued by large scale data sets? Does the opportunity to take on a lead role in developing a new data model for a growing company excite you? Are you ready to pivot your strong UX design and engineering background into a consulting position?
Our client is a boutique consulting firm with a focus on data strategies taking on a new engagement to re-engineer the data model for a portfolio management system within an asset management firm in NYC. This asset management firm is currently looking to rebuild their in-house developed data platform to support their rapidly growing business. The consultancy is looking to add a Data Engineer to their team who will redesign and develop the data system. In this role, the individual would also take charge of building data testing as well as workflow design to optimize data reliability. This is a prime opportunity to engage with a consultancy specializing in data strategy. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in Python and React, SQL, and has ample experience in UI/UX design, specifically within a financial services firm.
Data Engineer Requirements:
- Utilizing existing data model to create and optimize UI workflow for onboarding new portfolio managers
- Documented success in building tests to enhance and maximize data reliability
- Experience in designing new database model
- Ability to create and design a new workflow to onboard portfolio managers using the improved database model
- Insight into augmenting all aspects of software reliability such as monitoring, alerting and documentation
- Capability in improving release deployment reliability
- Technical skill set includes full stack development (Python, React), data analytics with SQL, configuring and managing Linux environments, experience in UI/UX design
This exciting role is a consulting assignment for a project lead that would be 6-12 months in duration, with possibility for full time employment.